Welcome to my blog! My name is Sarah Whitten and I'm the Marketing Director at FIVE STAR Speakers & Trainers. I constantly get feedback in the world of keynote speakers, receive new information, hear & meet speakers - and I wanted to share my insight with you! If you are looking to hire a speaker, trainer, entertainer, etc - please visit our website at www.fivestarspeakers.com. The information shared on this blog is purely my opinion - just Sarah's, and that's all! Enjoy!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Amazing Advice from Jeff Civillico, Stephen Covey & Seth Godin...

I got this email from my friend Jeff Civillico, who is a professional speaker, entertainer & juggler. He is referring to a Seth Godin blog post he forwarded to me. I thought his email was SPOT ON to my life - but also to probably other's ... I wanted to share this email I got this morning from Jeff:

--------
...Really liked this one.. are you familiar with Stephen Covey's "First Things First?"  GREAT book.. similar concepts.  He talks about how everything in life can be put into 1 of 4 categories:

Important and urgent
Important but not urgent
Not important but urgent
Not important and not urgent

Most people only do what's urgent, not important.. we are constantly on the defensive taking care of what's on our plate now, so we run out of time before we ever get to the important stuff that over time creates a successful and fulfilling life, long-term -- exercising, reading, writing, reflecting, building relationships, spending time with family, etc.  Covey makes the case that what we think is urgent is really not that urgent.. the "urgent" to do list will fill up all our time b/c we let it, so it's best to attack the important, but not urgent, stuff early in the day...


--------

THANK YOU JEFF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment