Welcome to my blog! My name is Sarah Whitten and I'm the Marketing Director at FIVE STAR Speakers & Trainers. I constantly get feedback in the world of keynote speakers, receive new information, hear & meet speakers - and I wanted to share my insight with you! If you are looking to hire a speaker, trainer, entertainer, etc - please visit our website at www.fivestarspeakers.com. The information shared on this blog is purely my opinion - just Sarah's, and that's all! Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Another celebration at FIVE STAR - Happy Anniversary Julie!

Well – it’s true, our leading lady MS. JULES [Homsey] has officially worked at FIVE STAR for a VERRYYY long time!!! She’s a pro, but now, has 7 years under her belt [in a row]!!! This day, back in 2003, Julie Stolhand (gone Homsey) started working at FIVE STAR and has TRULY made a name for herself here at FIVE STAR!!

We VALUE Jules SOOOOO very much!! Getting married, honeymooning in Europe, delivering two precious babies... and she has still yet to take a single day of time off! Her commitment has paid off and we cannot express to her how much she means to FIVE STAR – to the company, to her clients, to the speakers, and to the culture here! She is an inspiration to us all! Happy Anniversary Jules!! XO

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Julie's Response:
Morning Everyone!!!

What a beautiful day!!!=)

Thank you so much for the wonderful emails and thoughts!! Y’all are the best and I am very blessed to work with such special people. Thank you for making each day an adventure!

So, the first time I started working at FS was on April 16th, 2001. While everyone else I knew was still in college I was sitting in the cube at our old office between Chuck and Judy. (Judy would wave her yellow flag when Chuck and I were too loud and most days Chuck came to work without showering…at least that is who I remember it…=) Instead of graduating early and “playing” I thought it would be more fun to work…. I really had no idea what a bureau did but I was told to make calls about our upcoming showcase. I really wish I had a recording of those calls because I had no idea what I was saying (sometimes that still happens =) . I think I even hung up on a few people because I got so nervous and didn’t know what to say. I also remember asking my mom to call so my phone would ring at least once a day. =) Over the years I have learned a lot and grown. I even took a short break to help my brother start a business and then came back on this date back in 2003. =) I appreciate Steve very much for always helping, for giving me accounts to work ( you are much nicer than I am! LOL!) and for being open to the idea of me coming back to FIVE STAR in 2003. I love this business. It is very special and we are all very fortunate to have each other and a fantastic place to work!

Thank you for all of your love and support! I couldn’t do it without y’all!

Hugs!

Julie Homsey
FIVE STAR Speakers & Trainers
www.fivestarspeakers.com
Direct: 913.754.3444
Boomer Sooner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment